Sooo, I figure it's time for some change, so, i'm going to write the blog this time. This is Shane this time, switching it up a lil' bit. So, I figure i'll give you guy's a low-down on how the day went from my point of view. First off, I woke up. Now, I set my alarm for 8:00 in the morning but ended up waking up at exactly 7:02. So, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I turned on the TV and watched info-mercials for about 10 minutes. Then I was like "this is way dumb." So I changed the channel to the history channel and I watched stuff about some illegal alcohol and some Al Capone stuff. It was super boring. Kinda like this blog probably is. So I'll skip to the skiing part. Me and my dad headed up the mountain to hit up some frrrreeshhhhh powda. It snowed maybe about a foot last night, and in some places I was getting mid-thigh deep pow turns in through the trees. We hucked a cliff and a jump or two again, before heading off to practice. Today was the first day of practice for slopestyle and was pretty stressful for me actually. I had to try and get my run dialed in and really get used to the jumps, as they were pretty big step downs (lip of the jump was higher than the landing). Here's the course in full detail.. First Pad - a 30 foot step down or a cannon box. Second pad- 50 foot step down or a 30 foot step down. Third Pad - 70 Footer or a 40 foot table top. I was hitting the first jump and doing a flatspin 360 into the second kicker with a big mute 360 off of the second step down into a rodeo 540 off the third small jump. After the jumps you get choices of rails, and you can hit 2 rails before the end of your run. I'm most likely going to hit the flat down rail to the up rail with a FS 270 out. That should be my run, but we still have another day of practice left before i have to have everything dialed in. After skiing today, my shins hurt pretty bad so we headed back to the condo and hit up some Taco Bell. We went to the restaurant that was a KFC and Taco Bell mix!!! My mind was blown, and I came to the conclusion that they should have a Dairy Queen and a McDonalds mix in MN preferably Eagan. That was my day. It was a good day. Back at it tomorrow!
Here's a video of a flat 3 on the first jump to a mute 3 on the second.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great run you've got planned! I'm glad you're having fun. Am excited for you to be home though (yeah, I really said it)!
ReplyDelete