Yo, this is Shane and i'm going to write the post for today. This morning I went to the three kings terrain park to shred with some buddies before they went to practice for slopestyle. Obviously since I didn't get into slope, I wasn't able to practice with them.
At 12:03 we left Park City to head over to the Big Air Jumpsite. We blasted "Coming in the Air Tonight." on the way over, thats my jam. Once we got there, the facility was sick, it was cool being in a place with a lot of Olympic History, seeing the bobsledding course, and all ski jumps that were seen in 2002 worldwide. It was pretty cool to be there. This years jump is very tall compared to previous years, and was a little intimidating. But as I've learned is key to skiing this year, you just gotta send it. So I did, didn't speed check it once, the jump wasn't very big, it was just weird because as soon as you go off the jump you're already almost 20 feet off the ground, and continue to go up, until you come down on one of the steepest landings you've ever seen. I just wanted to go straight into my tricks so I would have them down right away, but to my surprise, it wasn't as easy as it usually is. Getting used to such a steep landing was really giving me some trouble today, and honestly, i'm not sure why. I'm just trying to go for a "Cork 7 shifty." The reason I chose this trick is because not many people do shifty's in there 7's anymore, and i'm decent at them with corks, i'm not sure why, it just kind of happens. It's a fun trick though. But I was one of maybe, 15 skiers that were there for two hours, so I got quite a few hits in. I stomped a couple, but honestly, a majority were not landed very well. So i'm going back tomorrow with solely the landings in my mind. I think that I have the trick pretty much on lock, except for the landings, so that's what i'll work on, and hopefully get them on lock so I don't have to worry about it for the comp on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment